Thursday, March 29, 2012

I love Castles

I love castles. I just do. There magnificent. beautiful. spacious. and just...medieval. I want one.


Very cool Castle!

I've always had a fascination for them. As a little rag-muffian of a girl, I dreamed up my own castle. Seriously. I did. I was going to build one, in the back yard. I spent a lot of time on it. I drew pictures of it, (I still have them too) I knew how big it was going to be and what it would look like. It was simple, only consisting of four towers. There was going to be a armory room, stalls, oh, and a dungeon, can't forget the dungeon. And a round table. Yes, that too.   

 I drew this doodle yesterday with my dual brush pen :)


As a little girl I always wanted to see a castle, to walk inside of one, to feel the cold stones...And I did. Quite unsuspectingly. And it was amazing. I got to tour the largest red brick castle in Europe last year. It was in Poland while I was on a missions trip with a bunch of very wonderful people. I will never forget it, it was just as I imagined. But it was real this time. (and no, the castle pic on top of page is not it)




~Elizabeth Joy


1 comment:

  1. yeah, i remember watching you work on that sketch and thinking that even on my best days i wouldn't be half as good! :)

    ReplyDelete