Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Purpose.

Every year, my desire to refine this gift of art God has so graciously given me, grows and deepens. But despite it, I feel like I'm pushing against a hard wall, trying to move it, and only succeeding a tenth of a centimeter (I feel it's that much, but I know it's not). I'm trying to make progress,  but I must be patient. God Will give me that progress when it is time, the perfect time--His timing. The pace I am going is what God wants. If He wanted me to produce more, then those things that are causing my artistic production to be slow would not be present. Besides--as a good friend pointed out to me--at least I am able to produce art, and that is enough.

And...SCHOOL IS THE IMPORTANT THING RIGHT NOW, LIZ!! Because of this pressure (to produce more art) I have been letting school fall behind, I must not allow that to happen. Education is a gift from God, it is important. I CAN'T BE IMPATIENT! It accomplishes nothing.

" I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." -Elizabeth Elliot.


Matthew 6:33 NASB

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you".


When you worry and are impatient, you usually get nowhere, but when you trust God and let Him lead, you find yourself accomplishing a lot more and being less frazzled and broken down. I don't want anything, but God's divine will for my life. I'm not happy when I seek my own, but when I seek His will, obey and turn from sin, I feel peace and joy. We all do.


~Elizabeth Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment